The Lausanne Marathon is an annual sport event that gathers each year more than 10,000 athletes from all over the world, with this year’s Marathon having more than 13,000 participants.
The Marathon race starts at in the Place de Milan and proceeds along Lake Léman (also known as Lake Geneva) up to La Tour de Peilz, where the participants take the same route back to Lausanne to reach the arrival, which is located in front of the Olympic Museum fountain.
A half-Marathon starts from La Tour de Peilz and finishes in Lausanne.
Lausanne Marathon dates
22nd Lausanne Marathon: October 26, 2014
Lausanne Marathon race times
- half-Marathon for hand-bikes at 8:15
- Nordic Walking (10 km) at 8:45
- Walking (10 km) at 8:50
- Marathon (42.195 kilometres) at 10:10
- mini race for children (2.6) at 10:25
- mini race for children (4.2 km) at 10:30
- 10 kilometres race at 10:45
- half-Marathon (21.097 kilometres) at 13:40
For more information you can visit Lausanne Marathon’s Official Website.